Sunday 22 May 2011

Extreme Dissapointment

Sometimes I think that extreme couponing looks a lot like hoarding. There is no way anyone needs a 4ftx6ft wall of toothpaste. I understand saving money, but some of that will expire before they can all be used. I mean, can anyone really use 100 bags of croutons?

A couple of other things that bug me about the show:

-Some of the people are counting their on-your-next-order coupons twice.

-480 razors?!?? You have got to be kidding me!

-The stores around here won't let you use unlimited coupons to buy massive amounts of the same items. Most have the limit of 4per transaction.

-It really seems like an addiction. I know how it feels to do a great job saving at the grocery store, although I won't buy stuff just so my savings are bigger. If I don't buy it (because it's not something I will use) I'm saving money, too!

-The "doubled coupon for .50 more than it's on sale for" is awesome, but again, my stores cut off those coupons at the sale price. Boo!

-It seems that if you don't use something (YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A CAT!!!) more of these people could donate to local shelters or other worthy cause.

-I can't do these kinds of shopping trips because my local stores have ridiculous restrictions. And unkind coupon police.

That being said-

I love finding good deals and feel that if it's not on sale AND with a coupon it is overpriced. That being said, just being on sale is sometimes as good as it's going to get. And I LOVE being able to use on-your-next-order coupons to get the luxury stuff that doesn't go on sale or have coupons available.

I really wish my local stores played nicely with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment